Bovine serum albumin (BSA) lyophilized
Bovine serum albumin (BSA) is large, stable, soluble, monomeric, globular protein that is about half of the total whey protein. It has exellent binding and transporting properties and acts primarily as carrier protein for hormones, fatty acids, trace elements, vitamins and iron. It also plays an important role in stabilizing the extent of extracellular fluid and maintaining osmotic balance, as well as binding harmful toxins and free radicals. It is widely used as transport media component and solutions for cell culture and virus isolation.
This Bovine serum albumin (BSA) is made in a two stage process, starting with the ethanol fractionation process, followed by a caprylic acid stabilized heat-shock finishing step that further purifies the bovine serum albumin by removing residual globulin proteins
- Nutrient for cell cultures and microorganisms.
- Standard in methods of proteins quantitative determination.
- Standard for the molecular weight of proteins in gel chromatography and electrophoresis.
- In immunoblotting, ELISA, immunohistochemistry.
- Stabilizer of some enzymes and proteins.
This product is intended for research purposes.
- Purity: >97%
- pH (10% solution) - 6,5-7,5
SHELF LIFE: 2-3 year.
STORAGE: +2 to +8 °C in a place protected from light.
- Do not use the product after its expiry date.
- Use gloves, mask and clothes adapted to the manipulation of the product to avoid contamination.