Giemsa Stain (Merck concentrate), 50-x solution
The dye is used for coloring the material of cell nuclei and chromosomes on cytological preparations and in cytogenetic research process.
Gimza stain is produced by PanEco in liquid 50-x concentrates.
Preparation of Giemsa stain working solution
- The Giemsa stain working solution is prepared immediately before use and should be used no later than within 24h after preparation.
- Phosphate buffer (pH 6.8) is used as a deluent: dilute 10ml 20-x concentrate of Phosphate buffer (Cat.№ P074, PanEco) in 190 ml of distilled water.
- 2 ml of Giemsa stain concentrate is added to 100 ml of the prepared phosphate buffer and mixed until rich blue color solution.
- The cell material is pre-fixed and processed in accordance with the method of staining.
- Staining is carried out by dipping the slides in a stain solution or by applying the solution to the stained area.
- The staining time is selected empirically. It is usually 5-6 minutes at room temperature.
- Then the excess stain is shaken off. Colored slides are washed under a stream of water or by dipping in special washing solutions.
Store at room temperature, protect from light.