N2 Supplement, 100-x solution, sterile
Supplement N2 is a serum free chemically defined supplement for cultivation of neuroblastomas and primary cells of peripheral and central nervous system. Based on Bottenstein's N2 formulation. The product is used to optimize basic formulations of media. Contains vitamins, hormones, insulin, transferrin.
Field of application: neurobiology, biomedical research.
Recommended basics of optimization media: Neurobasal (Neurobasal Medium), DMEM/F12.
This product is intended for research purposes.
One bottle of the product (5 ml) is enough for 500 ml of the optimized media.
Before use, N2 should be thawed. Defrosting should occur naturally in the refrigerator at temperature of +2 to +8 °C.
- Dilute the additive N-2 (100-x) in a medium base of 1:100.
- Culture containers should be coated with adhesive: sterile aqueous solution of poly-D-lysine 0.05 mg/ml at the rate of 0.15ml/cm² (1 hour at room temperature).
- Remove the adhesive solution and rinse the surface twice with sterile deionized water. Completely dry containers in the laminar flow cabinet. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- When using N-2, it is recommended to introduce fibronectin into media composition at final concentration of 5-10 micrograms/ml.
HOW SUPPLIED: in sterile plastic bottles of 10 ml.
SHELF LIFE: 2 years.
STORAGE CONDITIONS: -10 to -20 °C in a place protected from light.
- Do not use the product after its expiry date.
- Use gloves, mask and clothes adapted to the manipulation of the product to avoid contamination.
- Manipulate the product in aseptic conditions.
- Supplements such as antibiotics or L-Glutamine should be added as sterile supplements to the ready medium.
- Solution should be clear and free of opalescence and sediment.