7.5% albumin solution in PBS
Sterile-filtered BSA solution in phosphate buffer saline, concentration 7.5% (pH 7.3±0.3).
Bovine serum albumin (BSA) is large, stable, soluble, monomeric, globular protein that is about half of the total whey protein. It has exellent binding and transporting properties and acts primarily as carrier protein for hormones, fatty acids, trace elements, vitamins and iron. It also plays an important role in stabilizing the extent of extracellular fluid and maintaining osmotic balance, as well as binding harmful toxins and free radicals.
It is widely used as transport media component and solutions for cell culture and virus isolation.
- Nutrient for cell cultures and microorganisms.
- Standard in methods of proteins quantitative determination.
- Standard for the molecular weight of proteins in gel chromatography and electrophoresis.
- In immunoblotting, ELISA, immunohistochemistry.
- Stabilizer of some enzymes and proteins.
This product is intended for research purposes.
- Appearance: clear solution of pale yellow color, without opalescence and sediment.
- Osmolarity: 330±20 mOsm/kg
- When it used as component of transport media or solutions for cell culture, add the required BSA solution extent to the nutrient media.
- When it used as a standard, by biochemical methods, etc., dilute the solution to required concentration using buffer solution.
HOW SUPPLIED: in sterile wide neck plastic bottle of 100 ml.
SHELF LIFE: 1 year.
STORAGE: +2 to +8 °C in a place protected from light.
- Do not use the product after its expiry date.
- Use gloves, mask and clothes adapted to the manipulation of the product to avoid contamination.
- Manipulate the product in aseptic conditions.
- Silution should be clear and free of opalescence and sediment.