Plasmocin, 50 mg (2x1 ml)
"Plasmocin"by Invivogen (France) is used to treat cell lines infected with mycoplasma and other parasitic non-enveloped bacteria. Contains 2 active bactericidal antibiotics disrupting mechanisms of protein and DNA synthesis in bacterial cell. Due to its high permeability through the cell membrane, Plasmocin is effective against both extracellular and intracellular forms of parasites. In addition to shell-free bacteria, it has a wide spectrum of action against Gram+ and Gram-bacteria, including resistant to standard antibiotics, for example, penicillin and streptomycin. Due to its low toxicity to eukaryotic cells, Plasmocin can be used as routine antibiotic to prevent mycoplasma and bacterial infection of cell cultures. It is recommended for use in obtaining primary cultures of tumor cells, virus-producing cells and iPSC.
Preparation is supplied in an amount of 50 mg as solution of 25 mg / ml (x1000), in 2 micro-samples: 2 x 1ml.
Recommended application protocol:
The usual treatment protocol involves culturing cells for 2 weeks at final concentration in a medium of 25 micrograms / ml (1000x dilution).
1. Prepare Plasmocin solution in a nutrient medium at final concentration of 25 micrograms / ml.
2. The prepared medium with is added into culture vessel with actively proliferating cells.
3. Every 3-4 days, the medium is replaced or the culture is replanted in fresh medium with the preparation for 2 weeks.
4. Check the treated culture for mycoplasma by PCR, specific staining or using sensitive culture (Plasmotest™, invivogen).
1. If the working concentration of Plasmocin 25 mcg/ml greatly reduces the viability and /or proliferative activity of cells, it is recommended to reduce it to 12.5 mcg/ml with an increase in the treatment period up to 3 weeks.
2. The serum content in treatment medium can reach 20% without reducing the effectiveness.
3. It is permissible to combine Plasmocin with antibiotics commonly used in cultural practice (e.g. Penicillin/Streptomycin).
4. To maintain mycoplasma-free status of the culture and as routine preventive antibiotic, concentration of the preparation 2.5-5.0 micrograms / ml is used.
Delivery is possible within 1 week at room temperature.
stable for 2 weeks at room temperature.
stable for 6 months at temperature of + 4 ° C.
stable for 2 years at temperature of -20 ° C.
In case of crystalline precipitate during storage, solubilization is performed by intensive shaking on the Vortex.